Last time, I wrote about the characteristics of successful people; but how can you develop your own success traits?
Tips to develop success traits
- Having an optimistic view on life and focusing on the positives is hugely helpful. Do you view everything as an opportunity?
- High levels of confidence and self belief are essential. What situations do you feel confident in and how can you find more of these?
- Keeping a diary of successes each day or success tracking is a helpful habit. By the end of a week and then a fortnight and after a month imagine how many small things you will have achieved that all contribute towards the end goal.
- Persevere when it’s tough and remind yourself of the benefits.
- Passion, use it to propel you forward. Would you do this even if you were not paid?
- Play to your strengths: know what they are and use them. What talents are you known for?
- Ask for help: be it financial, time, support, a pair of hands, or feedback – whatever it takes.
- Take calculated risks and avoid rash emotional reactions. Make time to think logically, be creative about the options available to you and then listen to your gut instinct.
- Learn from mistakes, don’t dwell on them as you cannot turn back the clock.
- Find role models to speak to and learn from. Buy them a coffee and listen to their experience.
- Go public on your goal and action plan if that will motivate you not to lose face.
- Look after yourself. A workaholic, knackered and out of shape is no good to anyone.
- Have a balance between enjoying the present and planning for the future.
- Plan in breaks, treats and rewards at intervals to look forward to.
Is there anything else you could do to be more successful? If you want help with reading the signs, get in touch! Tweet